"I prefer older men, they're so much more mature!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I prefer older men, they're so much more mature!"

Virtually all heterosexual women I have ever met say this exact same thing, and it is infuriating. "Men my age are just too immature," well fuck you. Get off your fucking high horse, you are not astronomically more mature and intelligent than men in your own fucking age range. You're not magically some intellectual who has evolved beyond the need to socially interact with men within a year of your own age. Guess what, that nineteen year old man could end up being your match made in heaven, but you won't even give him the fucking time of day because you are 21 and you don't want to "play around with younger guys." Does it matter if he has a great job, if he's mature? No, you'll make excuses and ramble on like a fucking idiot while trying to justify why a guy two years younger than you couldn't possibly be mature enough to handle your intellectual thoughts.

Hey, would you ever date a guy younger than you?

"No, they're immature, I had a bad experience with a younger guy one, I decided it isn't worth the trouble."

But didn't you also have multiple relationships with men far older than you that ended horribly?

"Well, yeah."

So how come when you date one guy younger than you, the reason it didn't work was because he was too young/immature, but when MULTIPLE relationships with older men fail, you don't say, 'oh well I had bad experiences with older men, they're just not worth it'? Why is age only magically a factor when the man is younger? Why do you feel that a single bad experience with a younger man means that all young men are immature scum bags?

"Shut up, you don't understand! Blah blah blah, defensive bull shit!"

That is how it always goes. Why do these women do this? I have met far too many women who would refuse a potential suitor PURELY BECAUSE HE IS YOUNGER without even knowing anything else about him. I know a woman who went on a few amazing dates with a man she adored and then broke it off when she found out he was 22 and she was 25.

A lot of them won't even date men a year younger than them or the same age because they are "too immature," as well. Do women have some kind of maturity complex? Do they really believe that a men develop so much more slowly than themselves that they have to date someone years older than themselves in order to be on the same mental/emotional plane?

Fuck that. I would even argue that men should find OLDER women because they are far less likely to be gold digging, shallow bitches if they are willing to give younger men a chance. The only reason these women want older men is because they want someone with a stable job, who is all put together, etc... To hold her hand through life and to give her financial support and stability while she tries to get her life together. It's a security blanket; now she can flail her way through art school or whatever bullshit she is interested in while he provides a place for her to do so.

Maybe not all situations are like that, but that is what I see. "I want an older guy who is mature!" What she really wants is a guy with a place of his own and a good job. She wants someone who is ahead of her in life so she can have a nice little safety net. She doesn't want to work her way up from the ground WITH a man in the same situation. Oh no, if a guy still doesn't have his life completely figured out, he's just immature and a bum, even if she is in the exact same place. Because you know, if men don't have things figured out, they are lazy douche bags. If women don't have things figured out, she hasn't found her self yet and she deserves your admiration for following her dreams!

Thanks for listening to my rant. As someone with a woman two years older than himself, I have received a lot of shit and discouraging words. Especially from her family who thought I was a horrible bum for not having a stable career, despite her not having one either and being older than me. We both have amazing careers now, but it was a pain in the ass.

My advice:

Do not date a woman who says, "I would only date older guys, they are so much more mature!" They are not worth it.

Aki, don't be resentful, one day you will be an older guy and the young chics will want you. LOL.
    Seriously, I have college girls ask me out on a regular basis. I don't go, due to the fact that I'm married. But, I think women want to be taken care of. They want to be secure.
    Also, if they hook up with an older guy, perhaps it gives them an excuse to get away from whoever their friends are? It is almost a get out of jail card for life for a young woman.

Comment

Honestly, I am far more attracted to wealthy cougars than I am to college girls, but thanks for the words of wisdom!

I have no issues with women wanting to be taken care of, but I hate how hypocritical most seem about it. I see so many still preach feminism and how there is this patriarchy, women deserve equal pay, to have good careers, etc... But then proceed to choose older guys who can completely take care of them so they don't have to do an equal share of work. They will also deny it to the grave that is what they are doing. I've seen it so many times.

If a girl says, "I really want to be taken care of. I don't mind being a housewife, or the one to do chores and make dinner," then I fully respect that.

I've had two close friends date younger women who claimed they wanted to end up with great careers, have an equal say in everything, etc... But so far, both of their girlfriends are working 20 hour a week jobs at minimum wage. (one might be 24 hours, but I digress.) They make SIGNIFICANTLY less money and do less work but still demand that they be "equal," that all housework be divided, that they shouldn't be oppressed, or they'll scream misogyny, etc...

I am sure I sound crazy and jaded, but I'm just going off of my experience. I do legitimately appreciate your input though, so thank you.

Comment

And even worse these are are the same women who later in life shame and belittle men their age for dating younger women...

it's hypocrisy pure and simple.
        "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Jack H. View Post
          And even worse these are are the same women who later in life shame and belittle men their age for dating younger women...

it's hypocrisy pure and simple.
          Didn't even think about that, you are completely right. I've seen plenty older women shame the men in my life for dating younger girls, yet these are the same women who chased older guys when they were young.

Sounds like karma to me. These girls refuse younger men because they're so "immature," so now when they're older and sagging, they get to watch all the men their own age date these young girls. But of course now that this double standard is working against them, it is MUHSOGYNY. But ladies, these older men are SAVING these young women from the horrible, immature guys!!! You should be thanking them!

Comment

When I was in high school, I would often overhear the conversations of female groups in the cafeteria, mostly because their high-pitch voices could cut through all the other chatter, and I sometimes heard about their standards for boys. They would talk about how "he needs to be this buff", "he needs to be this popular", "he needs to have a car", etc. Then, one day, I heard some guys talking about one girl who declared she would never date a guy shorter than 5'10'', and they were pointing out how hypocritical it was since she was only 5'4''. I realized that by making everyone aware of her standards, this girl managed to make these guys overlook her attractiveness and instead had them talking about what a cunt she was.

If women want to be selective, that's fine. If women want to make their petty requirements for men be known, even better. That just means there will be less guys willing to date these narcissistic twats.

Comment

Ultimately, no matter what the media/feminism says, women really want to be ruled by a strong man. They desire to be broken. They need to be provided for and protected.
              This is tricky, because a guy cannot make it a priority to take care of his woman. It has to be a side effect of his manhood. This means he has to say "no" when the bank account will not allow for a new car or whatever, instead of going into debt.

This is where I screwed up. I should have told my wife "no" in regards to all of the crap she wanted in order to keep up with her friends.
              I should have worked less hours and spent more time banging her and did my own thing.

Now, with all of that being said, I do think that younger women feel that an older wealthy man will let them get away with stuff a younger man wouldn't. A younger woman will feed an older guy's ego. So, I think an older guy will take more crap than a younger guy, in some cases.

Also, a younger woman may have fantasies of lounging by the pool all day drinking Mai Tai's with all the other pampered wives in the club and banging pool boys.

I know I am all over the place on this. So, my conclusion is this, younger women who want older men are not interested in the man himself, but are narcissistic users who want the older man to fulfill what she believes to be her needs.

A good woman will love a man, not because he is older or younger, richer or poorer, but because she loves him as he is.
              I guess it is one of the many traps out there.

Comment

I find it ironic that girls always use this line that they're more mature. Which gender is known for getting into screaming fights with their mothers? Which gender makes enemies of all their friends by gossiping behind their backs and stealing their boyfriends? Which gender gets emotional and resorts to personal attacks during any discussion where they're not getting their way? Which gender expects to behave like children with no consequences for their actions?

Honesty they may prefer older men, but I hope they realize there's only ONE reason older men prefer them. Aside from the fact that older women tend to be less attractive AND more likely to have bitter, poisonous personalities.
                Disillusionment: Another word for reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Aki_Leaves View Post
                  "Men my age are just too immature,"
                  You don't understand. It is not the size of the guys heart that matters. It is the size of his wallet.

A man 30+ has a condo, car, career. He might be dressed to the nines with a Rolex watch. He might be a corporate lawyer or a doctor. This is hot to a woman.

A guy in his 20's is struggling in this economy. I might be living at home in his parents basement. He might not have a job or barely getting by with a job that only pays the bill.

So all things being equal. If a woman wants to get married, settle down and make babies. If she wants a home in suburbia with the white picket fence. Who do you think can give her what she wants.

Remember the rule. Alpha f*cks. Beta bucks. These women don't love older man. They only love what these men can do for them. It's called hypergamy and briffault law.
                  Last edited by Never_Marry; 02-16-2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Well they may marry older men but cheat on them with younger men! That's a woman for you! Wants the best of both worlds!

Let's not forget all those cougars out there!

http://womensissues.about.com/od/sta.../FAQCougar.htm
                    Last edited by James (Blogger); 02-16-2014, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiles View Post
                      When I was in high school, I would often overhear the conversations of female groups in the cafeteria, mostly because their high-pitch voices could cut through all the other chatter, and I sometimes heard about their standards for boys. They would talk about how "he needs to be this buff", "he needs to be this popular", "he needs to have a car", etc. Then, one day, I heard some guys talking about one girl who declared she would never date a guy shorter than 5'10'', and they were pointing out how hypocritical it was since she was only 5'4''. I realized that by making everyone aware of her standards, this girl managed to make these guys overlook her attractiveness and instead had them talking about what a cunt she was.

If women want to be selective, that's fine. If women want to make their petty requirements for men be known, even better. That just means there will be less guys willing to date these narcissistic twats.
                      Yeah, basically. Of course, loneliness and rejection can be frustrating, but do you really want to be with a person like that anyway? Try to take it positively as it's an early notifier that she was going to be a pain in the ass anyway. And as mentioned, you will get older later.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M

Comment

As an older guy I tend to get along with a broader range of females...the problem is I also tend to see the shit better and get turned off. I'm married so that might be a factor in some way, women ar funny when they relate to a non threatening male, they tend to relax more. Anyway just some loose thoughts.
                        ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
                        virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
                        AVFM Mission Statement
                        sigpic

Comment

“I prefer older men, they’re so much more mature”
                          Feel free to disagree with me.
                          You bring up the “I prefer older men, they’re so much more mature” statement that 90% of all hetero females that I’ve ever spoken to. You left out the other portions of the statement. The statement usually goes. “I was dating older boys in highschool. I was very mature for my age, and boys my age were so immature.”
                          Allow me for a moment to dis-assemble that statement. “I was dating older boy’s in high school.” Of course you were. So was every other fucking girl since the day that education was institutionalized. If I heard a woman say that when she was a senior she only dated freshmen I’d probably shit my pants, and start taking notes. That bit of sarcasm being stated…
                          “I was very mature for my age.” If I had a dime for every time I’d heard that I would take a trip to Hawaii. On a serious note, if 90% of people in a broad demographic claim to be above average then the average is what you claim to be. The same truth holds for the 1-10 scale of beauty. If every woman actually claims to be a 7, sorry sweetheart you’re a 5. The average teenage girl is barely tolerable as a human, let alone mature. In western society they are spoiled, entitled, hormonally imbalanced little shits. I’m not saying boys are any better, but that’s for the next para.
                          “The boys my age were so immature.” The moment that I reached enough growth to perform manual labor I sold myself for $4 an hour. I mowed lawns, worked fields, and carried shingles. The second I achieved the age that I could legally get a job I did so. I was out of the house within a month of graduation, and have stood on my own two feet since that day. With very few exceptions every male in my peer group followed a similar pattern. Yet according to the general consensus I was immature, as was every other male who was making the transition from child to man. Was I immature? Yup. I won’t deny it, or even attempt it. I was naïve about how the real world worked. I had been raised to respect everyone, regardless of race, gender, religion, or anything else, and thought the world would treat me in the same way. I was taught my position in life at the knee of my great grandmother. I was a provider, a protector, strong, just, and sure. There was no higher aspiration than becoming a good man, and I worked my hardest at it. I look back, and it was little more than posturing, but practice makes perfect.
                          The real, non-sarcastic truth behind the age and gender gap in dating and development is, in my opinion much simpler than that. Though the age at which people marry fluctuates up and down throughout history, one basic factor remains pretty steady. The average age of men marrying for the first time is always 2-4 years more than that of women getting married in the same time frame. This is because women throughout history refuse to marry down, and expect their chosen mate to be financially stable. This takes time, and at the age at which women want to marry is a bit younger than the time it takes to actually become stable and independent. Now in an age where stability comes earlier than the age which people marry, it’s simply a social pattern that has been engrained in all of us.
                          There is so much more that I can say about this but I’ll stop typing for a moment.

As far as the shaming of older men for dating younger women, I’ve noted that before and I honestly look at it as karma come back to bite the mature women in the ass. They were so much more mature, back when we were interested in them, but the next stage after mature is old, and what virile mature man wants an old woman. Shame all you will but it amuses me to prove math teachers everywhere wrong, 40 will go into 18.

Comment

It amazes me how I've been so duped my whole life about women.

I always thought that women were more caring and compassionate than men. I thought that they were peaceful and wanted harmony between people.

I now realize that many of them are overgrown children who stir up nothing but trouble.
                            Don't get me wrong, not all women are like this, but beginning with my mom and continuing through my adult relationships with women, they have caused me nothing but problems.

Comment

My last girlfriends have all been about 10 years younger, so in their early 30s. At the time I was not so much MGTOW, so had delusions, particularly with the last, that a relationship might work. It was obvious as we dated that she saw me mostly as an ATM machine to take her out, pay, pay, and pay. I'd also help her fix up her house, get together the occasional picnic completely myself, fold her laundry, mow her yard, or wash her dishes to help her out, etc. I was perpetually the nice guy. After nearly a year I noticed how when she came to my place she would always sit on her 30 year old butt while I cooked dinner, washed my dishes, etc. She never offered to help me with a darn thing. And she always still enjoyed when I spent money on her.

It was obvious when we talked that she was looking at my successful career and home ownership as the pathway to her own success. I told her several times that it seemed I was only a wallet and a strong back to her. She disputed it, but her actions continually showed otherwise.

Younger women prefer older guys because they think we have more cash for them to spend. Those last girls had debt aplenty, and honestly I think they were hoping to marry me so that I could take on that debt.....then if they'd divorced me they'd have been even better off than before we had married.

No thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X