Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MODEST PROPOSAL - MHRM / MRA Adopt the YIN-YANG Symbol as a Sign of Unity

MODEST PROPOSAL - MHRM / MRA Adopt the YIN-YANG Symbol as a Sign of Unity

I would like to respectfully propose that the MHRM / MRA's adopt the "Yin & Yang" symbol as our logo. It symbolizes both the masculine and the feminine, as well as the balance and equity between the two that is necessary for society to function. Which, of course are the principles that the MHRM movement espouses. It would help give Men a common element with which to signify / identify their beliefs, which in turn could help Men find the courage to reach out to each other and find fellowship. It could be worn large, on a shirt, for instance, or small as a pin or a pair of cuff-links. Men who are secure enough in their identities and beliefs could even fly it as a flag. And in that form it could be used to help men locate and identify Male-friendly spaces. It's a well-known symbol, which to my knowledge is not associated with any negative element. Additionally, a lot of people have it so it could be easily passed off as a coincidence if the wearer did not feel comfortable in admitting their views out loud (for whatever the situation).

(Moreover, in the vein of Fucking Their Shit Up, a lot of Feminists probably have shirts with the symbol and it would annoy the crap out of them to have to stop wearing them.)

----

LIKE THE IDEA ? WANNA HELP ???

I'm hoping to get people not only talking about it, but including it in their comments if they support it. Get it out there and make it visible to let people wrap their heads around it. If you like the idea and want to show your support, here's how you can do it:

If you're using Disqus: I've been including a short blurb and a link to what it's all about, along with a smaller version of the graphic. All you need to do when you cut and paste it, is to remove the spaces after the 'http' (in both links) and the spaces after the periods ('.') in the hostnames. This will make the links live. (I put the spaces in so you could see the actual links).

(Once you've put it into one of your comments, all you need to do is go back and "Edit" that comment and quickly cut & paste it into a new comment. No more dealing with spaces, it's easy!)

Alternately, you could just use the graphic itself, (which is the second link below), to show your support. This will insert the smaller version of the YingYang graphic into your comment.

------
    http ://www. avoiceformen. com/allbulletins/men-only-please-at-an-ear-for-men/#comment-2132087388
    http ://previewcf. turbosquid. com/Preview/2014/08/01__13_22_41/yin&yang.jpgeae5188e-768a-46cd-b500-61ae7c3caacdSmall.jpg
    Last edited by mr_e; 10-20-2017, 09:03 PM.
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.
    == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Great idea.

Let's also call it by its right name, Taijitu.

It symbolizes the natural balance between Yin and Yang, but that is not it's name.

The white symbolizes the Yang(Male) and the black symbolizes the Yin(Female).

The other color dots in each symbolizes that we all have a bit of the other sex within us.
    Last edited by Patriarch; 07-13-2015, 07:54 PM. Reason: Incorrect punctuation
    Liberty, Equality, Humanity

Comment

Originally posted by Patriarch View Post
      Great idea.

Let's also call it by its right name, Taijitu.

It symbolizes the natural balance between Yin and Yang, but that is not it's name.

The white symbolizes the Yang(Male) and the black symbolizes the Yin(Female).

The other color dots in each symbolizes that we all have a bit of the other sex within us.

Thanks, I never knew it had a name. You learn something new every day. How do you pronounce it? Tie - Gee - Too ?

Comment

I believe it is more like, Tie Gee Do, said without pauses between the syllables, like how Tae Kwon Do is pronounced like it is Taekwondo.

Comment

I think I've seen that symbol somewhere before.
          “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
          ― Pythagoras

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
            I think I've seen that symbol somewhere before.
            With any luck, you'll see it a lot more soon.

My goal / hope isn't so much to get people to use it *here* particularly (although, why not?) but to *see* it and get used to the idea and then go out and display the symbol publicly in an effort to draw out other men (and women) who are friendly to the MRHM or are MRA's.

Presently it is very hard to know how many men and women are part of the MRHM / MRA community, and ancillary to that, how many could be if they knew about it, or would be sympathetic to it if they knew about it.

If enough people start doing it, sooner or later it's going to become a thing and somebody's going to write a story about those "Batshit MRA's" (or whatever) and the meme will go live. And then it will mean something. The Feminists will make sure it takes on a life of its own as they try to pervert it and destroy it.

But once it's out there, it's out there and it's ** OURS **. The goal is to promote the cause and get Men's attention (and women's) for the purpose of raising awareness of Men's issues and concerns.

I'm looking for it to start showing up on T-Shirts, Laptops, Book Bags, Car Windows, Bumpers, Hats, Coffee Mugs-- you name it. Anywhere men can place it as a positive affirmation that they have rights.

Maybe we can get it forged into the head of a sledge-hammer and then, you know, use it wisely.

** MEN HAVE RIGHTS **

Actually, it's very easy to add the graphic. Once you've put it into one of your comments, just find that comment, "EDIT" it long enough to scoop up the corrected link, and paste it into your new comment. It's very easy to use.

Here is the link to the small graphic (remove the spaces):

---
            http ://previewcf. turbosquid. com/Preview/2014/08/01__13_22_41/yin&yang.jpgeae5188e-768a-46cd-b500-61ae7c3caacdSmall.jpg

------

http://www.avoiceformen.com/allbulle...ent-2132087388

http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Prev...caacdSmall.jpg
            Last edited by mr_e; 07-14-2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

It is already used by a lot of people who are either into Eastern religion or practices, and loads of hipsters and other trendy types have always displayed Tajitus; you can buy window clings, rings, pendants, and so forth on Amazon.

We need our own color scheme. No one would notice at first, as they are colored many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriarch View Post
                It is already used by a lot of people who are either into Eastern religion or practices, and loads of hipsters and other trendy types have always displayed Tajitus; you can buy window clings, rings, pendants, and so forth on Amazon.

We need our own color scheme. No one would notice at first, as they are colored many ways.

I kind of think that's a cool part. Adopt the symbol and then watch it show up everywhere. Encourage people to mod it, rock it, and make it their own. Just like there are so many different ways to be a man, right? ;-)

Comment

Here is my thinking about it. The YinYang is already known as being an *inclusive* symbol-- including both the Male and Female aspects, and expressing the duality and balance of life. If the MRA / MHRM is truly interested in Equality and Egalitarianism, then it is already the PERFECT symbol to use. I would *dare* any woman's group to try and knock it. It would be a DIRECT ASSAULT on "EQUALITY" that they themselves could not ignore. Plus, many people (including women) probably already have T-Shirts, Coffee Mugs and other paraphernalia with that symbol on it. While they might not go out and buy a new one that said "We are One" or some such, specifically indicating the Men's Movement-- just *having* the symbol already would remind them of the movement every time they see it-- or their friends see it. They would either have to put it away, or else explain how they weren't somehow for EQUALITY for EVERYONE.

Personally, speaking only for myself, and anybody else with a different opinion is welcome to express it-- *I* would like to drive a STAKE straight through the heart of FEMINISM and GYNOCENTRIC government policies.

I would like to think that if the MRA / MRHM did it's job right, it would end with Feminism going down in flames and Men hanging up their "victim" hats-- and then *everybody* would just go back to trying to get along.

That's what a "Win" for Men's Rights would mean for me-- a "Win" for *everybody*.

No more "Me-isms"

No more "You Suck-isms".

You know, we would work on everybody's issues-- simply because we would value and care about everybody.

We Are One

Comment

I'm going to repeat myself, but in this thread.

I like the idea, and the sentiment and rationale behind it. I really like that it's accessible and a recognisable concept too.

However, I'm a simple creature, I cannot for the life of me actually get it into my signature. Sigh, I know, I know, I'm hopeless. Can you please give instructions?

And how can you get Paul's attention on this? Or one of the mods to raise it?
                    "One doesn't have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient".

Comment

I like the simplicity of it, nice idea mr_e

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
                        lol I need to figure out how to add an image to my sig ^_^
                        I explained how to do it for the Disqus forums in the thread

(http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...-Sign-of-Unity)

Here is how you can add a Signature for the Forum:

For the Forum, go to the "Settings" link at the top right of any forum page.

Then down along the left side click on the "Edit Signature" link.

Then you will have an editor available, similar to the one used for making a post. You can enter any text you wish including pictures. If you want to use my signature (or any variation of it) I would suggest inserting the image followed by this text:
                        We Are One - Support the MRA / MHRM Movement

If you would like, you can color the text by selecting it and then using the 'A' drop-down icon on the toolbar to select a color. Similarly, you can resize the text by using the 'Size' drop-down icon on the toolbar. (For mine, I use the reddish-brown color just above the bright red color).

Here is how you insert an image:

On the toolbar of the edit window, look for the icon that suggests a picture and click it. (Be careful as there is a similar-looking one which is for embedding a video).

Then enter the URL for the image. The Yin-Yang image that I use is this: (Right-click to select the whole URL)

Which is this image:

yin&yang.jpgeae5188e-768a-46cd-b500-61ae7c3caacdSmall.jpg

You'll probably want to put a few spaces after the image and before the text.

One you have created the signature to your liking, simply hit save and Voila! it will be done.
                        Last edited by mr_e; 09-17-2015, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlightlessBird View Post
                          I'm going to repeat myself, but in this thread.

I like the idea, and the sentiment and rationale behind it. I really like that it's accessible and a recognisable concept too.

However, I'm a simple creature, I cannot for the life of me actually get it into my signature. Sigh, I know, I know, I'm hopeless. Can you please give instructions?

And how can you get Paul's attention on this? Or one of the mods to raise it?

Frankly, I think that would best come from someone other than myself. I have made the proposal, have been active in promoting it in the forums and on Disqus, and have actually called it to the attention of at least one of the AVFM mods (Bryan Scandrett). Probably "Grumpy Old Man" and "DriverSuz" are aware of it too.

If anybody wants to help me make this a thing, I would be very happy. I think it is a really good idea for putting together a unifying symbol that practically nobody can honestly object to and with a peaceful / equitable message of inclusion. Plus it already exists in the wild with pretty much the same meaning (Equity, Balance, Masculine-Feminine, Duality, etc.), and people are not likely to be overly turned-off by it.

Plus, and this is the best part-- it has plausible deniability for those people who can't directly associate with the Men's Movement for some reason. It's a way of showing subtle solidarity in small places, which is where our movement must necessarily begin.

Comment

(Repost from a different thread)

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
                            IOW, why not use The Ramones? Even more T-shirts.
                            The Ramones could work too... maybe we could put it to a vote?

Um, yes. An ancient Asian religious symbol.
                            Nope, no ancient Asian religious symbols will be harmed in the process. And in fact, a bonus for them as many people might try and find out the origin and underlying meaning of the symbol, thus helping to drive new traffic and eyeballs their way.

You'd have to explain that to people. And that works just as well as explaining jokes.
                            "It means "We are one", that's why we chose the symbol for Duality. Figures, right?
                            It represent two different movements, btw."
                            We don't have to explain anything. Just put it out there and let people associate it whichever way they want-- or both, as they prefer. Since the symbol is already representative of Peaceful Co-existence, why would it really matter much?

But not at all about reinforcing.
                            The MRA / MHRM folks would be doing the reinforcing by using it where they can, as they can, and sharing the meme with other people. You are welcome to reference the original link if you like, or explain it in any other way that pleases you.

Modest Proposal - MRA / MHRM Adopt the Yin-Yang Symbol
                            http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...-Sign-of-Unity

But ok, if you all want it so bad ....
                            </lonely voice in the desert>

M

Thanks, Dad! I knew you'd come around

;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
                              I like the simplicity of it, nice idea mr_e

Thanks!

Why not share this thread with someone else? Let's see if we can pick up some momentum!

Modest Proposal - MRA / MHRM Adopt the Yin-Yang Symbol
                              http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...-Sign-of-Unity

Comment

Working...
                              X