My story~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My story~

Hi, I've decided to join the forum. Here's my story: I was born in the mid-70s. I've been a men's rights activist, and an intactivist for a long time. Even though I was a early MRA, back in the 90s, I still considered myself a feminist. In my 30s I decided to marry a female friend, a self-identified feminist, and it was a bad idea. I was verbally and physically abused by her, even on our honeymoon. It was unidirectional abuse; I was always very nice to her, trying to help her out, comfort her, and resolve things. She admitted to our marriage counselor that she abused me, and I had to see special sexual violence counsellors. They agreed with me, and helped me. Needless to say, the marriage ended in less than a year, when she began dating a criminal. (I'm a STEM professional.) My marriage was by far the worst relationship in my life. Besides that, I've also been caught up in the "try to be an alpha male game" and have dated more people than I can remember. (About 60 women and some men, I'm bi.) Now, I'm basically MGTOW, I do date and have sex but my partners understand that I'm not really looking for a serious relationship. However, MGTOW is not my identity. I have my own ideas about things, but it's all backed up by decades of research into philosophy, history, the science (physical and social). I'm looking to do some activism around men's rights and gender issues. I'm not about hating feminism, in fact I think it would be cool to sponsor some feminist vs. MRA debates (with rules of course) in the New England area. However, I get mad when I see websites like AVFM slammed by feminist hate mongering writers like Marcotte, Valenti, etc. in the mainstream media and liberal news sites. It's clear to me that these writers are not listening to the perspective of men; instead, they are shutting their ears, and refuse any validity to men's rights. I need to help fight back against in, but in a peaceful way. I don't think you can fight hate with hate. ~ Jed Eye
    Last edited by Jed Eye; 04-29-2015, 10:19 PM.

Welcome, Jed.

Where'd you land on the alpha-male thing?
    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Welcome to the AVFM forums Jed Eye, and yes, you can fight hate with hate, but you'll never win if you do.
      “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
      ― Pythagoras

Comment

Welcome to the forums
        ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
        virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
        AVFM Mission Statement
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post
          Welcome, Jed.

Where'd you land on the alpha-male thing?
          I don't know. When I was doing it, I always felt like I was in competition with other alpha men, jealous of them somewhat, though I'm not an extremely jealous person. I guess I knew that there were guys "below me" that weren't "getting it" when I was. Yet thinking that the alphas hooked up with more attractive women. In hindsight, it all seems pretty immature. I'm 41 now so I have a different perspective. I was never a one night stand kind of guy, it happened, but I was more into getting to know the person, having a brief relationship, and then finding somebody else. In the process, there were a few times women left me for another guy and it hurt me. I'm over it now but looking back the guy they left me for was either a bad boy alpha or a beta who they got into a long term relationship with.

Comment

Welcome fellow forum newbie.
            On the subject of debates with Feminists, under what circumstances do you think it is wise to stick your hand into that particular verbal weed-whacker?

Comment

Originally posted by dydx62 View Post
              Welcome fellow forum newbie.
              On the subject of debates with Feminists, under what circumstances do you think it is wise to stick your hand into that particular verbal weed-whacker?
              There would have to be rules involved, highly structured, with fair time, like a political debate. Agree on some ground rules, like no insults based on how one looks - they'd probably like that.

Comment

Working...
              X