Hi, I'm a Rapist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm a Rapist

Or, that's what a certain group of feminists thinks I am.

I don't want to get into the details, but lets just say: a night that ended with me walking a woman back to her hotel room, and telling her friends where she was is still netting me constant headaches.

Not from her, mind you, but from white-knights who weren't there, know best and fully understand what happened.

Never mind the fact that the woman and her close friends are still cool with me.

I asked the question: how can it be rape if it wasn't rape?
    Answer: feminism.

I wound up reading a bunch of stuff by the genius @ JudgyBitch, and ended up here.

Hi!

RE: Hi, I'm a Rapist

Welcome...I'd like to hear some of the background to this story.
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome, rapist. May you find many new allies here, and may your path always be as that of a hulking barbarian trampling over fields of virginal flowers.

Comment

I would rather not get into too many details (names, places) about what had happened as the incident has since passed, and the woman involved wants the drama around it to subside - and I agree with her, it's said and done. All I ask is that you please don't contact the woman involved. If anything, seek out her friends if you wish to validate the incident. She's been unfairly abused in all of this.

With that being said, I don't think it's unfair to say that the incident was the catalyst for my journey into this politically heated niche of the world. I think a fair way to describe what happened would be this:

This incident took place at a convention.

I had a variety of reasons to think that this woman wanted me in bed. Considering how much of a fat jackass I am, I should have known better, but being impaired myself I didn't think twice about it. I wont describe the lewd details of what happened, but I can confirm, after re-watching the video, that I didn't force or manipulate her into doing anything. From my point of view, she did all of this on her own accord.

Now, at the time, I thought we were just having fun for the sake of entertaining people on the live stream. I didn't expect anything to come of it (again, was a bit impaired. Crown Royal does that to people), but I came to the realization that she wasn't just drunk and having fun. After a brief chat with one of her friends, I decided to get her back to her hotel room and get her friends in there with her.

Well, the problem was that she didn't want to leave. So, I tricked her, and promised we would spend some alone time in her hotel room. In that conversation with her friend I learned of her borderline personality disorder. She wasn't just acting out to be entertaining on a live stream and gain viewers - she was doing it because she has a mental disorder.

Of course, nobody on the live stream saw the anger and tears when I told her "no" and that she needed to talk to her friends. All I can say is that several people saw me leave the hotel room with her, one of her friends were there when it happened, and he sat outside the hotel room for about 2 minutes while I explained to her why we weren't going to fuck. Of course, the fact that there was never even a police complaint filed speaks volumes, I think.

Ah, but isn't gossip grand? A bunch of nasty rumors swirled around the incident, and I spent the final day of the convention being accused of being a rapist. One woman even said she's going to call the cops if I don't leave the convention hall. I spent the final day of the convention locked up in the hotel room.

Nearly a year later, I still get hate mail about what happened and how I should be in jail for what I did. You know, for just "letting" a young, intoxicated woman do what she wanted to do of her own volition.

You can imagine why I will not be attending that conference again. I'll miss it, but I don't want to go to a place where I'm know as "that guy that raped a chick"

(damn that was long. guess it still bothers me more than I thought!)

Comment

"LordKaT"? Grae-solves-problems-with-burning-bedrolls LordKaT?

Huh. That's interesting. Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Shlock
            "LordKaT"? Grae-solves-problems-with-burning-bedrolls LordKaT?

Huh. That's interesting. Welcome.
            The one and only. What's so interesting about it?

Comment

Ohhh, I dunno. Small world I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by LordKaT
                I would rather not get into too many details (names, places) about what had happened as the incident has since passed, and the woman involved wants the drama around it to subside - and I agree with her, it's said and done. All I ask is that you please don't contact the woman involved. If anything, seek out her friends if you wish to validate the incident. She's been unfairly abused in all of this.

With that being said, I don't think it's unfair to say that the incident was the catalyst for my journey into this politically heated niche of the world. I think a fair way to describe what happened would be this:

This incident took place at a convention.

I had a variety of reasons to think that this woman wanted me in bed. Considering how much of a fat jackass I am, I should have known better, but being impaired myself I didn't think twice about it. I wont describe the lewd details of what happened, but I can confirm, after re-watching the video, that I didn't force or manipulate her into doing anything. From my point of view, she did all of this on her own accord.

Now, at the time, I thought we were just having fun for the sake of entertaining people on the live stream. I didn't expect anything to come of it (again, was a bit impaired. Crown Royal does that to people), but I came to the realization that she wasn't just drunk and having fun. After a brief chat with one of her friends, I decided to get her back to her hotel room and get her friends in there with her.

Well, the problem was that she didn't want to leave. So, I tricked her, and promised we would spend some alone time in her hotel room. In that conversation with her friend I learned of her borderline personality disorder. She wasn't just acting out to be entertaining on a live stream and gain viewers - she was doing it because she has a mental disorder.

Of course, nobody on the live stream saw the anger and tears when I told her "no" and that she needed to talk to her friends. All I can say is that several people saw me leave the hotel room with her, one of her friends were there when it happened, and he sat outside the hotel room for about 2 minutes while I explained to her why we weren't going to fuck. Of course, the fact that there was never even a police complaint filed speaks volumes, I think.

Ah, but isn't gossip grand? A bunch of nasty rumors swirled around the incident, and I spent the final day of the convention being accused of being a rapist. One woman even said she's going to call the cops if I don't leave the convention hall. I spent the final day of the convention locked up in the hotel room.

Nearly a year later, I still get hate mail about what happened and how I should be in jail for what I did. You know, for just "letting" a young, intoxicated woman do what she wanted to do of her own volition.

You can imagine why I will not be attending that conference again. I'll miss it, but I don't want to go to a place where I'm know as "that guy that raped a chick"

(damn that was long. guess it still bothers me more than I thought!)
                Wow, If the young lady has a mental disorder as you describe it's probably best to let her be and let this die down. From what you wrote it looks like you did right by her and she and her friends who know the details of this situation will appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.

On the broader subject there is a vulnerability to fall into a situation with a mentally impaired woman. I'm certain there are individuals who would exploit this, but for the rest of us it opens eyes to just how vulnerable you can be and how to care for yourself and the woman...Difficult.
                ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
                virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
                AVFM Mission Statement
                sigpic

Comment

You dirty rapist you.

Welcome. Give them hell.
                  I pick fights with stupid.

sigpic

Comment

Wait.......the TGWTG Lord Kat? Until we win Lord Kat? I remember you.....Would be nice too hear your side of the story of the Spoony Fiasco (Did you really tell him too kill himself?). Yeah I know thats not the reason he split from the site. Just would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ScreachingDragon
                      Wait.......the TGWTG Lord Kat? Until we win Lord Kat? I remember you.....Would be nice too hear your side of the story of the Spoony Fiasco (Did you really tell him too kill himself?). Yeah I know thats not the reason he split from the site. Just would be interesting.
                      Yes the same.

Yes, I told him to do that. Not in a factual manner, but in a heated moment. He had told a pregnant female viewer of mine that she should stab herself in the gut to abort her "future criminal." He promptly deleted the message and claims he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

That was when he was going through one of his manic episodes. While many people will excuse him for this ("it's his disease, not him") I do not. I am a firm believer that you are your mental disorder, and should own up to it. He does not. I choose to disassociate myself with him and people who choose to support him.

Comment

Mmm. Have you ever had contact with Linkara of Nostalgia Chick before this? Maybe some insight into their psychies would be useful.

Cause Linkara is a major mangina.

Comment

Originally posted by ScreachingDragon
                          Mmm. Have you ever had contact with Linkara of Nostalgia Chick before this? Maybe some insight into their psychies would be useful.

Cause Linkara is a major mangina.
                          I've spoken to Lewis on a number of occasions, although I've had no recent contact with him (or most other people at Channel Awesome). Yes, he's a hardcore feminist; however, in my conversations with him, he's been very enjoyable to engage with - very smart and genuine in his want to help women achieve equality in our society.

That being said, I've only ever agreed with his viewpoints about 50% of the time. Sometimes, yes, he does make good points. Other times I feel he's trapped behind propaganda that he can't mentally break out of (the 1-in-4 women get raped at college statistic is something we've never agreed on). In either case, my dealings with him have made me respect that he has his opinions, no matter how much I may (dis)agree with them.

I've had very limited dealings with Lindsey, so I haven't really been able to form an opinion one way or another. She seems pretty nice, though.

What's got you so curious about those two, just out of curiosity?

Comment

Because a new "Sub" mainstream (AKA internet shows) outlet would be great for raising awareness (As thats what the new generation really listens too anyway). The Amazing Atheist is one such guy, but I see him more harmful than good.

Ever since I became an MRA (Blame Anita Sarkeesian) most of Lewis's feminist ramblings have become utter rubbish in hindsight.

How long have you been an MRA? Cause the 1/4 statistic is such a bullshit joke it isn't funny.

I just wish for a new outlet that could finally just make people realise "Hey, MRAs aren't this group of cavemen that want too rape women" like the media makes them out to be.

Prepare for your usual conceptions about "Equality" being shattered the more you read up about whats really going on.

Comment

Well, I still run my own host of shows at lordkat.com. The MRA might be something I could turn into a podcast, as there appears to be a lot of content that could come quite easily.

I'm not 100% sure how my community would digest it, though. Plus, making a show just about political activism can be a pretty strong turn off for people. Also, talking alone for an hour or two can be pretty boring and sound isolating, I'll need to find a co-host. Possibly someone that shares a different (or slightly different) viewpoint could help spark interest in the show via the hosts dynamic.

I'll think about this and let the idea bubble in my head for a couple of days. Maybe Paul would be interested in it? I can put together shows easily enough (hey, I do 4 different shows per week).

I wouldn't call myself a Mens Right Activist. Not yet, anyway. I mean, i certainly can't separate myself from the "men are cavemen" mindset. If you watch my videos, I'm about as crude as you can get.

Comment

Working...
                              X