Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a specific YouTube video on abortion. Need some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a specific YouTube video on abortion. Need some help.

Hi guys,

Its been a while. I hope everyone is well.

I need some help finding a specific video on abortion. This video was left in a reply to one of my comments on this forum quite a while back. I'm not sure who it was that wrote the reply but i think it might have been either voidspawn or Mr E. The video is an interview if I remember it correctly between an african American feminist and a host about abortion. In the interview she tells him something along the lines of her recognising the foetus as being a child but she thinks that women's rights are above those of children. I've tried but I can't seem to find it in the comment history nor on Youtube.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Another question does anyone know the identity of the woman in this interview:

Again, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Comment

The Scum Manifesto was written by Valerie Solanis, but I'm not sure if this video is of her. She was legitimately nuts: most famous for trying to kill Andy Worhahl.I might have butchered both names. I didn't know how to spell them, and I didn't check.

Comment

Originally posted by FailureToCrash View Post
        The Scum Manifesto was written by Valerie Solanis, but I'm not sure if this video is of her. She was legitimately nuts: most famous for trying to kill Andy Worhahl.I might have butchered both names. I didn't know how to spell them, and I didn't check.
        The woman in the interview is parroting Valerie Solana's SCUM Manifesto. Lots and lots of feminists idolise her and her hate-filled book. You might already know this but Valerie's SCUM Manifesto was initially banned from publication in the US. It was only after relentless campaigning by feminists like mainstream feminist icon Avital Ronell that the ban was lifted. Avital then went on to fund the publication of the book in the early 70s. She wrote the opening for the book. In it she compares Valerie to the greatest philosophical minds of the 60s.

Valerie's point of view on men is supported by feminist organisations like the Riksorganisationen för kvinnojourer i Sverige, a Swedish feminist organisation with great influence in Sweden. This organisation publishes a magazine in which the president of the organisation, at the time, Ireen Von Wachenfeldt, wrote the following:

“to call a man an animal is flattering. He is a machine, a mobile dildo, an emotional parasite”

She was asked about this statement in a documentary produced for Swedish Television by Evin Rubar called ‘The Gender War’. This is what she had to say:

In 2014, this organisation received 100 thousand Swedish Kronas from the Swedish government as a yearly fund in support of its work.

Here’s a couple more quotes to ponder on:

Professor Mary Daly, feminist ‘theologian’;

“If life is to survive on this planet, there must be a decontamination of the Earth. I think that this will be accompanied by an evolutionary process that will result in a drastic reduction in the population of males”

In 1999, Professor Daly retired from Boston College rather than admit male students into her class.

Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine editor:

‘I feel that man-hating is an honourable and viable political act.

Here's another example from a feminist icon:

“Enslaved by male-identification and years of practice within the system as we all still are to one degree or another, the assumption must be that the present system of monopoly capitalism and patriarchy must be replaced and that non-male-identified women must be the responsible ones…

At least three further requirements supplement the strategies of environmentalists if we are to create and preserve a less violent world.

I) Every culture must begin to affirm a female future.

II) Species responsibility must be returned to women in every culture.

III) The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race…

To return species responsibility to women means in very practical terms that erotic and reproductive initiative must be restored to women all over the globe…Make the decision entirely that of the woman as to how she will be impregnated and how often, if indeed she chooses to be so at all, and whether by heterosexual intercourse, artificial insemination or a form of ovular merging. Restore to each woman the inalienable right to say what shall become of any fertilized egg and to control absolutely the number of children she wishes to emerge from her body…Make nonexistent any male’s say-so in the process of reproduction. Create and protect alternative structures of economic and psychological support for independent women - women not attached to men - who are child-bearers and child-raisers…Women will bear the number of children they know can be sustained not just by their own social group but by the wide ecological system. They will not bear the children that some man wants only to perpetuate his name or the family possession of his property; they will not bear the children they presently convince themselves they must have because their only role is obedient wife and mother; women will not have the children men think are necessary to perpetuate the tribe or the religion or the specific culture. Instead they will bear the children that they want, that they can care for, and that they assess are needed by the specific group and the entire species.

…In every culture it must be women in charge of the changes: women-identified women, no women who are pawns of men, not women who out of their fear of losing their lives or those of their children, still hold to the securities of that dangerous patriarchal culture, but women utterly free of coercion, free of male influence and committed to the principle that the right of species regulation is their own, and not the prerogative of any man. I suggest that lesbians and other independent women are already moving in this direction…

…To secure a world of female values and female freedom we must, I believe, add one more element to the structure of the future: the ratio of men to women must be radically reduced so that men approximate only ten percent of the total population… We now come to a critical point: how is such a reduction in the male population to take place? One option is of course male infanticide. It differs very little from the female infanticide that has apparently been carried out even into the twentieth century by some cultures. Such an alternative is clearly distasteful and would not constitute creative social change… if women are given the freedom of their bodies then they may well choose [experimental “ovular merging” technology that produces only female embryos] in great enough numbers to make a significant difference in the sex ratio of women to men. A 75% female to 25% male ratio could be achieved in one generation if one-half of a population reproduced heterosexually and one-half by ovular merging. Such a prospect is attractive to women who feel that if they bear sons no amount of love and care and nonsexist training will save those sons from a culture where male violence is institutionalized and revered. These are women saying, “No more sons. We will not spend twenty years of our lives raising a potential rapist, a potential batterer, a potential Big Man.” Sally Gearhart in Reweaving the Web of Life: Feminism and Nonviolence, 1980.

In regard to my second video, the one that you referred to in your comment, I wanted to know the identity of the woman parroting Valerie's views and any information about the interview that can help me put things into context.
        Last edited by Equity; 03-16-2019, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X