No announcement yet.

NEW! Try, "NOT HAVING KIDS"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying that our purpose is to reproduce is also silly, though. Only we care about purpose, and the only true purpose we seek is satisfaction. Nothing else.
    The worlds have shifted.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
      oreally, his response to Shadow when he said this:

I don't have a problem with discussing the desire to have children or not. I don't recommend it to anyone who does not want them, it's when it degenerates into the personal... "Fucking Retard", "Fucking Vermin" "Removed from this planet", then you follow up a impersonal response with "thug spawn". OK then!
      I am not Shadow I was purely responding to Dubs. I don't speak on others behalf.

This whole thread turned into silliness.

Comment

Turned to silliness? Hell, it was there at the start.
        Be still and cool in thine own mind and spirit.
        George Fox

Comment

Definitely one of the most asinine threads I've ever read. If a new person with genuine interests in the MHRM stumbled in here, they wouldn't walk away with good impressions.

Comment

Telecat, I have reviewed this and you other posts and on a number of occasions you made comments to the effect of challenging other members to meet you in your home with insinuations of violence. You are permanently banned for threats of violence.

Shadow, you made direct insinuation of violence with the extermination of children. I’ve reviewed all your past posts and your contributions amount to one big rage fest after another. You are permanently banned.

Heartlessbastard I understand the sentiment but you are on the line too when you call out as you did.
            Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 03-06-2014, 06:42 PM.
            ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
            virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
            AVFM Mission Statement
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tamerlame View Post
              Using a tone argument as a pretext to label MGTOW like Lesbian separatists? What is your motive?

MGTOW is nothing Like feminism, Lesbian separatists, the fact that females are privileged and are not oppressed in anyway is enough to make Lesbian separatists nothing like MGTOW.

I personally think bringing kids into this world is immoral. If you can't take responsibility for your kids, don't have them. (No father is able to take responsibility for his kids,as the women can take them away at any time. I hate single mothers because they are selfish breeders. They just fecklessly breed and bring up the next damaged generation.

If you manage to raise a family and kids in a stable relationship, that is just pot luck. You where only able to bring kids up in a stable environment because the women allowed it to happen. I think men who take the risk are being immoral and selfish. I will never bring a kid into this world, unless I can provide and protect for them. I am not going to bring a kid into this world with a women, who has the right to destroy the family unit. This is just basic cause and effect and a perfectly rational response.

I question the motives of people who attack MGTOW. I have caught MRA's out calling MGTOW femi-nazi's. I think this comes from the desire to white knight, also it comes from a simplistic understanding of feminism and MGTOW.

Feminism is projection of female traits onto men. So when you point out a flaw in female nature, it is going to sound a lot like a feminist critique of male nature. This doesn't make MGTOW like feminism, because what the feminists where saying was bullshit, what the MGTOW's say can actually be applied to female nature.

One more thing, lesbian separatists are not a problem. I wish all feminists would separate, females are dependant creatures, their separation talk is just fantasy. There is nothing wrong with practising self determination and separating from society. What feminists do is take over and control society, I wish all feminists would fuck off to a commune or something. Feminists would be out of the way and not doing direct harm to men and boys. Also MGTOW talk more about navigating a male hostile society, than separating from it.

Hypergamy, female solipsism, divorce rates, using work place legislation to commit social violence, false accusations, higher rates of domestic violence perpetuation, romantic privilege and exploiting of men, are all real things. These things are facts, denying them is like denying the holocaust, all that white knights can offer is tone arguments, or calling MGTOW separatists.

A snarky immature attitude doesn't bother me. You will get some snarky and immature people in any movement. At the end of the day, the MGTOW position is totally solid, people only disagree with it out of emotion.
              So you think I'm tone policing here and have alternate motives. I see.
              ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
              virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
              AVFM Mission Statement
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OldNavy View Post
                Ok, GOM. Stood down, as requested. I don't go back on my word very often....but you directed my attention back to the thread.....

The little melee in here really is representative of a large enough cross section of MGTOW sentiment that I really don't have any interest in offering the phenomenon any support whatsoever.

What is significant to point out, in my mind, is that I came upon the scene open and interested about pretty much everything. In my time reading here, I am aware of better than twenty individuals who have, like myself, been introduced to MGTOW-ism and basically drawn the conclusion of "Fuck those guys" based on hateful or unnecessarily vile behavior.

I don't know very many feminists but I really dislike those folks based on the experience. I don't know very many MGTOW's.....but same story, really.

Just not a good way to promote the movement, is all I suppose I'm trying to articulate.
                Well OldNavy, I'm a MGTOW and I have a daughter. My opinion is that if a person wants to have kids and be married it's their choice and it's not my place to tell them to live. I only went MGTOW due to my life experience with women and it is a personal choice for me. However, these guys that were attacking anyone that disagreed with them and were being insulting deserve whatever punishment they get. One does not go into another person's house and crap on the floor just because they can.

GOM, you and I have had disagreements in the past, but I think you're an awesome moderator. Thanks for doing a tough job.
                Last edited by 1ADPreacher; 03-06-2014, 07:15 PM.
                https://christianrestoration.wordpress.com/

Comment

This was never a MGTOW vs Everyone Else argument. From the start this was a Childfree using the mask of MGTOW vs Everyone Else.

It was an underhanded move and should be condemned.

Obviously I've not been a proper contributor to this thread before now but I want to make it clear what happened here. There was a move by a vocal minority to try and insert the Childfree movement into MGTOW and then get everyone to just accept it as face value. Or maybe they did it to rustle some jimmes. Or maybe just for the lulz.

Whatever the reason that it happened, it happened, and no one here should allow that kind of thing to happen.

I am not active on MGTOW because I feel that I am not one of them. I made a choice a long time ago to not live my life the exact way that I wanted but rather to sacrifice myself for others. Yes that means that I am going to be doing things that I don't like or want sometimes and yes that might just feed into the current system of male disposability but at least I am doing so under informed consent.

Even though I am not a self-proclaimed MGTOW does not mean that I do not understand the desire, even need, for such a movement and that means that my personal morals insist that I defend the right of others to chose to live a MGTOW life and to defend what that means.

Being Childfree can very much be a part of MGTOW because to go your own way means that the individuals get to choose what it is that give their lives meaning. It means that each person does that is best for them. Forcing someone to be Childfree or demanding that everyone who is MGTOW be child free is an attack on the MGTOW philosophy (as I understand it).

I hope that everyone who reads this thread or participated in this threat are at least compassionate enough to realize that we are all in the same boat and this infighting is going to get us no where. I'm not saying we can't disagree, hell I've had it out with people on the forums too, but what I am saying is that at the end of the day we have to fight for each other not against.
                  I'm So Meta Even This Acronymn

Comment

Hateful people such as Shadow and Telecat are not the kind of crowd we need here so kudos to GOM for making the appropriate move.

Arguments and disagreements are good, lest we risk becoming an echo chamber, but hateful crap and bickering/insults will tear us apart and discourage growth of the movement.

Comment

• Imagine if you will that there's a full speed ahead club. A guy wants to join despite the 15 ton weight slowing his boat down. If they let him in, are they still the full speed ahead club?

Fuck no they aren't.
                      Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Comment

• ***edit***
                        "Hateful people such as Shadow and Telecat are not the kind of crowd we need here so kudos to GOM for making the appropriate move.

Arguments and disagreements are good, lest we risk becoming an echo chamber, but hateful crap and bickering/insults will tear us apart and discourage growth of the movement."
                        ***edit***

Indeed - a great bit of truth for everyone to keep in mind and is something I really need to reality check myself on often enough.
                        Did you leave it better than you found it?

Comment

• As somebody who doesn't have children (and will never), I can attest the video is pretty true, even in it's comical approach. Not having that obligation leads to a TON of free time, even after work/school or other obligations, not to mention the extra money, less stress and increased productivity. Children typically cost between $150K-$250K to raise from infancy to post-secondary levels, and that extra money for us single folks goes right into our investment portfolios and just frees up more time, even less stress about money, etc.

All the people I know or have known with children are pretty stressed out, they often complain (after the obligatory "but it's worth it") and a few say they wish they were in their 20's again so they could follow their dreams and not be chained down.

I mean, if you want to go that route despite the financial costs and potential legal repercussions for men, then go for it, but it's becoming ever less popular with many countries in "crisis" over sustainability due to it. The attitudes really are changing to more fit the lifestyle depicted, for both sexes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
                            Telecat, I have reviewed this and you other posts and on a number of occasions you made comments to the effect of challenging other members to meet you in your home with insinuations of violence. You are permanently banned for threats of violence.

Shadow, you made direct insinuation of violence with the extermination of children. I’ve reviewed all your past posts and your contributions amount to one big rage fest after another. You are permanently banned.

Heartlessbastard I understand the sentiment but you are on the line too when you call out as you did.

Shit ok. I got sick of him challanging everyone to his house so i just thought id give him a chance to follow though. But fair enough concider me warned lol
                            \"i\'m nobody that you ever wanna be,cos i know that the world is afraid of me\"

Comment

• I think if you bring kids into this world you have to be responsible for them. Since the state doesn't allow you any rights and can drive men away at any time, I think it is immoral having kids in the west.

Comment

Working...
                              X