MRM is about hate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRM is about hate...

And the list of ALL related anagrams. Of course, I'm under the assumption that it's not, I'm not; I may be anti-feminist, and anti-stupid, most certainly anti-stupid feminist (regardless of gender), but I certainly don't hate women. But at the forum I normally frequent, the gender war is a regular battleground, more so than the a/theist octagon.

So I used some information I found here. And this is the most recent result.

[QUOTE=plotthickens]Men's Rights Activists are alternately known as Men's Rights, Father's Rights Movement, Men's Rights Movement, Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW), the Manosphere, and Pickup Artists (PUA).

[I]"There are literally hundreds of websites, blogs and forums devoted to attacking virtually all women (or, at least, Westernized ones)
    RWBY is Legend. Honey Badgers

Women Against Feminism.

Logic trumps ignorance, but emotion retards edification.

RE: MRM is about hate...

She is doing nothing but making claims and cherrypicking quotes. Ask her to substantiate any claims she made with actual evidences. Statistics, studies, etc. Especially regarding false claims and PAS. She'll tell you to prove her wrong, but as the individual making the claim, the burden of proof lies upon her. I very much doubt she'll have data to back up her claims.

As to her cherrypicking quotes, I suggest you do the same. Use Google, tumblr, whatever, to find outrageous, violent, bigoted claims by the fringe elements of any civil rights group, and ask her if the entire movement was terrible just because of what one person said. For example, pick out one of the Black Panthers quotes from they civil rights movement heyday. One of the ones that suggests killing white people. Was the entire African-American civil rights movement heinous because of one person? Draw parallels between several groups, not just feminism- although their misandric quotes are gold. But you don't want to make it about feminism vs the MRM. Do that a few times, and her cherrypicked quotes will seem pretty silly.

Also, ask for sources on the quotes. She may be just making them up.

Her arguement presents no data to refute and not actual evidence, so she can't really be proved wrong. But you can prove her to be an idiot. Bonus points if you can piss her off by doing it.

Just my two cents. You may want to wait around for wiser heads than mine, but good luck to you either way.
    [hr]
    I'd also love to hear how she figures the MRM is pro-Brevik. Yes, there may bea few nutjobs out there, but I'm sure there are plenty of white supremacist feminists, too. I'd love to hear exactly what proportion of the MRM is all about Brevik.

And don't be lazy. If she quotes a source to you, check it out. People who pose arguements like that are notorious for intellectual dishonesty. She may quote a fake source, or she may quote a source that is severely biased, like radfem hub. Or she may be taking material out of context. If you can nail her on that just once or twice, her credibility will be near-zero to anyone who didn't share her views to begin with.
    \"There he goes. One of God\'s own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.\"

Comment

This is pure bullshit and propaganda.
      But of course - ''The lie can run several rounds around the globe, while at the same time the truth could only put up his pants.''(something like that)

Comment

Her claim about the MGTOW being anti-marriage and anti-relationship is correct. But I don't know why she wants to force men to marry or have relationship with women against those men's wish. Don't refute this point of hers (it's true), but I don't see anything wrong with not wanting to marry or have relationship. Ask her why she would like a man to marry a woman even when the man feels it's too legally risky. Then ask if she'd be of the same thinking if the conditions and sexes were reversed. Or ask her if she's opposed to women who don't want to marry a man or have relationship with a man.
        The MRM Glossary - From Zero to Hero MRA :P

Comment

G'day Shadizar,

Where is the original post where plotthickens pasted this? It's a paste from a recent PDF publication from NOW btw.

Comment

Dr F, this comes up in search.

Comment

Originally posted by dhanu
              Her claim about the MGTOW being anti-marriage and anti-relationship is correct. But I don't know why she wants to force men to marry or have relationship with women against those men's wish. Don't refute this point of hers (it's true), but I don't see anything wrong with not wanting to marry or have relationship. Ask her why she would like a man to marry a woman even when the man feels it's too legally risky. Then ask if she'd be of the same thinking if the conditions and sexes were reversed. Or ask her if she's opposed to women who don't want to marry a man or have relationship with a man.
              But saying they don't want relationships with women because they think they're evil is just bunk. They don't want the hassle and risk that comes with most women? Misogyny!!
              \"There he goes. One of God\'s own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.\"

Comment

Yep. That evil part is wrong. They're only concerned about the possibility of legal risks of DV policies, divorce laws, marital rape, spousal abuse, alimony, child custody, and CS. (There may be other laws/policies that I still don't know about.) And the woman has no legal responsibility at all, all a man gets is completely dependent on her goodwill alone.

Comment

Originally posted by dhanu
                  Dr F, this comes up in search.
                  Good try, but it's this thread.

Just came online and was presented with post 97.
                  RWBY is Legend. Honey Badgers

Women Against Feminism.

Logic trumps ignorance, but emotion retards edification.

Comment

At present, I'm unable to make a profile and step in. And my phone signal is bad enough that I'm having trouble even viewing the thread. Has she actually cited statistics or sources? Let me throw down a few things that may help you out.

Feminist quotes

http://www.fatherhoodcoalition.org/cpf/newreadings/2001/feminist_hate_speech.htm

Look up "femithiest" on YouTube. She supports forced castration of all men and a genocide to reduce the male population to, I think, 10% of it's present number.

Cite the CDC survey on domestic violence if you'd like. You can look it up pretty much anywhere. I suggest pulling some hard statistics out. She's really only cherrypicking articles. A few good studies should poke some holes in her emotional appeals.

Comment

Women are also more than 2x as likely to abuse children:

http://glennsacks.com/blog/?p=4641

The ACF tracks child maltreatment including homicide yearly.? And every year since at least 1997, women have killed significantly more children than have men, regardless of their relationship.
                      For example, in the ACF
                      Grandmother Stabs Her 4-Year-Old Grandson To Death
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIB4yE2xGkU

Comment

Working...
                      X