No announcement yet.

Charlottesville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some updates... Apparently there is someone happy with how Trump have been handling the situation.

Daily Stormer is (was?) a neo-nazi news outlet. They made this statement on Trump's declarations:

"Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us.

He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate … on both sides!

So he implied the antifa are haters.

There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all.

He said he loves us all."

Comment

• Originally posted by simpleman View Post
      Daily Stormer is (was?) a neo-nazi news outlet. They made this statement on Trump's declarations:

"Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us.

He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate … on both sides! ....He said he loves us all."
      Sounds like the neo-Nazis are so used to being hated (with stones, mace and urine used, apparently), that any sign of objective neutrality leaves them in a swoon. They must have an interesting (from a psychological perspective) worldview. The point is Trump decried violence "from many sides." He also said there were good people on both sides (perhaps defining "good" as protesting without violence the guy has a problem articulating what he means sometimes). To the establishment media this smacks of "moral equivalency," but to many people the notion that the violence within one group is condemned while violence in another group is condoned is immoral thinking. The establishment media has dominated the airwaves with their narrative, but Trump has bypassed them by speaking directly to at least his base. Which, I suppose, is the point of his incessant twittering.

BTW, do the antifa people remind anyone else of the anarchists (and I recognize there are different types of anarchists) who used to show up at demonstrations in the 60s all prepared for battle? We hated it when they would show up (and attempted to ban them from some demos) because they would invariably pick a fight with the cops or some other group "for the revolution" and that would become the headline instead to the message of the peaceful demonstration.

Comment

• Originally posted by simpleman View Post
        Some updates... Apparently there is someone happy with how Trump have been handling the situation.

He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate … on both sides!

So he implied the antifa are haters.

There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all.

He said he loves us all."
        The quote has been all over the place, endlessly repeated. Any of these people verified it? Made sure it's not been changed to make Trump's position sound a lot worse? I'm not going to visit Ragey Stormplop to check it, never gonna give them as much as one click visit that they could miscontrue as iota of interest from anyone. But luckily online activists have been using archiving for years, so people who publish outrageous things can't just pretend they never did after the harm was done.

The quote is inaccurate it's been changed to damage Trump, not that the original text is all warm fuzzies, it's pretty disgraceful. Not gonna quote it though, nor link not even to wayback machine, not interested in bringing that stuff here. But it's easy to check. Very easy to check and verify many things to see who is warping things to their own agenda and purpose. It's a necessary skill in today's world. Just as checking things to minimise your trail is necessary. Even Wayback machine / Ragey Stormplop use hidden image fingerprinting to uniquely identify visitors, of course they probably don't know they do.
        "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
        Originally posted by menrppl2
        Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Comment

• Originally posted by voidspawn View Post
          The quote has been all over the place, endlessly repeated. Any of these people verified it? Made sure it's not been changed to make Trump's position sound a lot worse? I'm not going to visit Ragey Stormplop to check it, never gonna give them as much as one click visit that they could miscontrue as iota of interest from anyone. But luckily online activists have been using archiving for years, so people who publish outrageous things can't just pretend they never did after the harm was done.

The quote is inaccurate it's been changed to damage Trump, not that the original text is all warm fuzzies, it's pretty disgraceful. Not gonna quote it though, nor link not even to wayback machine, not interested in bringing that stuff here. But it's easy to check. Very easy to check and verify many things to see who is warping things to their own agenda and purpose. It's a necessary skill in today's world. Just as checking things to minimise your trail is necessary. Even Wayback machine / Ragey Stormplop use hidden image fingerprinting to uniquely identify visitors, of course they probably don't know they do.
          simpleman just read all that in some way to fit his own narrative.

not worth engaging
          Originally posted by MatrixTransform
          where were you before you put yourself last?
          Originally posted by TheNarrator
          Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lloyd77 View Post
            BTW, do the antifa people remind anyone else of the anarchists (and I recognize there are different types of anarchists) who used to show up at demonstrations in the 60s all prepared for battle? We hated it when they would show up (and attempted to ban them from some demos) because they would invariably pick a fight with the cops or some other group "for the revolution" and that would become the headline instead to the message of the peaceful demonstration.
            Good grief, they sure do. I've been a left winger all my life (even now when I'm sure I appear very right wing), it's like no biggy where I live, just a normal default position. It's like looking after your local school, library, hospital, work rights etc. It's one side of a the necessary debate about the balance of society. But when you need organise, which you do sometimes, somethings need to be protested, those muppets always turn up sooner or later. I know them by sight where I live. I've talked about it loads of times and warned about it with people I've done petitioning with etc. There are all sorts of them, but some of them are very creepy buggers, dead fish eyes, singular focus. They don't just turn up to cause trouble, they turn up early, they scope things out, look to see if they can recruit from or warp any legitimate public protest.

If you care about democracy at all you get out of it, pull your friends away and don't get involved when they turn up. If there are people there they won't go away. I live in a left wing place, all the dirty tactics I've directly witnessed come from the far left. You have to wonder why don't you, my home is already safe solid voting area for the left. What more can they want...?
            "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."

Comment

• Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
              simpleman just read all that in some way to fit his own narrative.

not worth engaging
              He quoted the version going around accurately, thousands of sources for the same quote, each time poorly quoted and attributed with no link to source. It's planted in news stories, facebook posts, tweets, etc. All building up this 'credibility' and damage, with its pretty distinct insertions that subtly change it to up the connection to Trump. Tbh they could have done some damage to Trump with the original but not enough, the original doesn't make it look like they think Trump supports them.

Of course checking it means going to the source material, and that's now proscribed, it's like a tracking kiss of death. Even fact checkers don't want to go there. Thus truth dies.

Comment

• my point was more that he has no interest in truth. only in the black and white that suits his narrative.
                Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

• I find it very disturbing that Anderson Cooper is blatantly lying about when things took place to paint Trump in as negative a light as possible. Any dishonesty in the media undermines public trust.

"...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
                  "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

my point was more that he has no interest in truth. only in the black and white that suits his narrative.
                    I still like his article reviews, and even if he's got pissed at me or can't stand me, I still like him, his posts, and stirring things up. It's good if his narrative, flawed or not, challenges my perspective, I'm quite happy to be shown to be wrong, I'd rather feel an idiot for an hour or two than live fooled.

Comment

I still like his article reviews, and even if he's got pissed at me or can't stand me, I still like him, his posts, and stirring things up. It's good if his narrative, flawed or not, challenges my perspective, I'm quite happy to be shown to be wrong, I'd rather feel an idiot for an hour or two than live fooled.
                      oh i agree with this sentiment
                      but thats not what simpleman does. he does not show an opposing side, he creates it..or is fed it.

i dont believe he has nothing of value. i have enjoyed some of his posts. but he definitely has a logical disconnect in his brain between beleif and reality.

Comment

Yes, I kind of feel that way too. If all you ever have around you are people who agree with you, then how do you ever know or understand the flaws in your reasoning, or find the holes in your vision? Conversely, if all you do is push away the people who disagree with you, then how will you ever be able to determine the reason why, and more to the point, talk it out to discover if there is any common point that can be used to build a bridge to understanding?

Echo chambers of all kinds, while emotionally gratifying, are ultimately dangerous places as they rid us of our "shared humanity" and work to desensitize us to the issues and concerns of others, and lead us to make irrational decisions based on "group-think" rather than actual facts or observed evidence. And yes, it is just as bad for *US* to have "Echo chambers" as it is for *THEM* to have echo chambers. Perhaps even worse-- since *WE* believe that we are rational and interested in the truth-- we *NEED* people who believe differently from ourselves to help us know when we are seeing the situation accurately or just fooling ourselves.

The most dangerous form of dogma is the kind that you are not allowed to question.
                        FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
                        It's time to call it out for what it is.
                        == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
                        http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

oh i agree with this sentiment
                          but thats not what simpleman does. he does not show an opposing side, he creates it..or is fed it.

i dont believe he has nothing of value. i have enjoyed some of his posts. but he definitely has a logical disconnect in his brain between beleif and reality.
                          Yeah, though have to say I take a cue from my mum. She tends to skip all the thinking things through and just leaps to an emotional / intuitive conclusion. Hate to say it, but she does have a fairly good hit rate. Though when she's wrong, she's very wrong.

Simpleman has made some good challenges, and expressed noteworthy concerns. His concern about this forum being too right wing. I don't think it is, but it is a concern, I'm still sad that SST never came back, and where is to Maxx... those were some good debates, frustrating a bit but good. Simpleman and Manalysis have to fill voids in challenging assumptions. A few concerns Simpleman has stated I don't ignore. It also makes me think about my own shifts in views. I don't think I've lurched right personally as much as the left has deserted my position, since when is wanting to be citizen of a nation and proud of that a bad thing, there is nothing wrong with doing business for profit and people like success and accomplishment as much as profit so basing one's prediction of human behaviour on condemning profit seeking is just really silly. There's lots of stuff, I'm too old and not arsed to have complex about it, I'll pick and mix quite happily. But forums aren't chats in person, you don't get the luxury to umm and ahhh, and read body language, and start a silly joke to diffuse tension.

I think Simpleman does what I often find myself doing, writing up in posts angst to the world and all the debates I can't have and points I can't make. For that reason, I remind myself as much as we are members of the same forum and build up some form of connections, this is a really hard place to actually get to know someone, what we get are snapshots from a person who can share a small slice of perspective on the world from where they stand. It's like balance to the endless drivel from MSM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr_e View Post
                            Yes, I kind of feel that way too. If all you ever have around you are people who agree with you, then how do you ever know or understand the flaws in your reasoning, or find the holes in your vision? Conversely, if all you do is push away the people who disagree with you, then how will you ever be able to determine the reason why, and more to the point, talk it out to discover if there is any common point that can be used to build a bridge to understanding?

Echo chambers of all kinds, while emotionally gratifying, are ultimately dangerous places as they rid us of our "shared humanity" and work to desensitize us to the issues and concerns of others, and lead us to make irrational decisions based on "group-think" rather than actual facts or observed evidence. And yes, it is just as bad for *US* to have "Echo chambers" as it is for *THEM* to have echo chambers. Perhaps even worse-- since *WE* believe that we are rational and interested in the truth-- we *NEED* people who believe differently from ourselves to help us know when we are seeing the situation accurately or just fooling ourselves.

The most dangerous form of dogma is the kind that you are not allowed to question.
                            Very well said.
                            Until the MHRM gets to its 'do phase', diversity of thought is a good thing.

When the rubber hits the fan, it is better to be in agreement on the basics, though.

M

Comment

• Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
                              diversity of thought is a good thing.
                              I dunno M, starting a thread that casts a net wide enough to catch all us bigots is probably not promoting that.

...just saying that if Simpleton wants to speak freely then he should confine his speech appropriately rather than trying rein in everybody else's.

diversity of thought, are that what AntiFa are promoting? I must have missed that somehow
                              "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
                              "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

I try to follow it up to the original page, but the page now give this website does not exist message... keep in mind that hosting services have being killing far-right websites, lately... I am surprised they used godaddy and the likes, to host their websites... I always imagine them hosting their websites in netherland or somewhere else... anyway, I was not able to access the page to verify the quote.

That is what my comment about "(was?)" is about.

I think the far-right does see an allie in Trump, and it is upsetting that Trump does not get them out of their error...

Here another example, Former leader of KKK sent this message to Trump:

"I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists."

https://twitter.com/drdavidduke/stat...926401?lang=en

Comment

Working...
                                X