Charlottesville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by simpleman View Post
    OK, it is official then... the way to kill a debate is with a lot of hippie poetry.
    but dude, you said you liked poetry ... is it hate speech now too?

hmm, seems there is just no pleasing you.
    Last edited by MatrixTransform; 08-25-2017, 11:40 PM.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

OK, it is official then... the way to kill a debate
      Hey, drama queen,
      the debate is not "killed"; nothing prevents you from posting more arguments. Or poetry.

is with a lot
      What, two is "a lot"?

of hippie poetry.
      Nah, wrong generation. James and David weren't hippies, they were bohémiens.

M

Comment

• Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
        ... the debate is not "killed"
        and what about his use of 'violent' rhetoric ...tsk tsk
        "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
        "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

• Originally posted by MatrixTransform View Post
          and what about his use of 'violent' rhetoric ...tsk tsk
          He was actually the first to mention poetry, too

M

Comment

OK, it is official then... the way to kill a debate is with a lot of hippie poetry.
            Jokes aside, my main point in this debate was the paradox nature of repression,
            the kind of paradox one sees, after the fact, in "The war to end all wars", or slogans like, and pardon my french, "fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity".

This you waved aside without making an effort to address by saying you had other connotations of the term "paradox" than politics.
            That more or less killed the debate as far as I am concerned; so there's another way of doing it, should it ever be required again: just avoid arguments.

M

Comment

• Such glorious faith as fills your limpid eyes,
              Dear little friend of mine, I never knew.
              All-innocent are you, and yet all-wise.
              (For Heaven's sake, stop worrying that shoe!)
              You look about, and all you see is fair;
              This mighty globe was made for you alone.
              Of all the thunderous ages, you're the heir.
              (Get off the pillow with that dirty bone!)

A skeptic world you face with steady gaze;
              High in young pride you hold your noble head,
              Gayly you meet the rush of roaring days.
              (Must you eat puppy biscuit on the bed?)
              Lancelike your courage, gleaming swift and strong,
              Yours the white rapture of a winged soul,
              Yours is a spirit like a Mayday song.
              (God help you, if you break the goldfish bowl!)

"Whatever is, is good" - your gracious creed.
              You wear your joy of living like a crown.
              Love lights your simplest act, your every deed.
              (Drop it, I tell you- put that kitten down!)
              You are God's kindliest gift of all - a friend.
              Your shining loyalty unflecked by doubt,
              You ask but leave to follow to the end.
              (Couldn't you wait until I took you out?)

--Dorothy Parker

Comment

"The war to end all wars", or slogans like, and pardon my french, "fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity".
                putting and end to stupidity by ...

oh, never mind

Comment

Hehe ...
                  They even got some Medieval SJWs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2c-X8HiBng

M

Oh yeah, I love that bit. It's such a great movie on so many levels. It's one of my all-time favs.
                  FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
                  It's time to call it out for what it is.
                  == REJECT FEMINISM. EMBRACE HUMANITY ==

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men
                  http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

When a pitbull humps my knee, I always know to fake an orgasm.

M
                    Apparently this thread has taken a sharp turn in my absence... ;-)

Comment

Jeezus ...

M
                      I'd be willing to wager $100 bucks that he didn't come up with that all on his own...

Comment

Yes. AFAIK the FBI has a good track record of finding and containing and eliminating domestic terrorists.
                        OTOH the Brits did not outlaw Mosley's minuscule British Nazi party even during WWII.

Speaking of Brits and political protest, my favourite anecdote is how they during the fight against SA Apartheid always would name, or rename, the street where the SA Embassy was to "Nelson Mandela Boulevard", wherever the SA Embassy was and whenever it moved ... deadly and classy ...

There are a number of statistics on what are widespread beliefs among people in the US, that one finds hard to believe.
                        The number of people who believe the creationists' version of the origin of the universe, the Earth and mankind,
                        the belief that Saddam Hussein was behind the second 9/11, that Iraq had WMDs, that 40 % of the US budget goes to foreing aid,
                        that a large percentage of the population is on welfare, and so on.

It seems like a good argument for better education, to become more immune to _real_ fake news.

M

The problem is that there are a lot of "good boys and girls" (more girls than boys) who don't want to be seen as "breaking the rules", "being subversive", or anything other than a "fine, upstanding citizen". So they do their best to "listen to authority" (or the proscribed voice / representative for authority) and then "believe" whatever it says as "the truth". And nothing you can do or say will shake them from their self-induced delusion. If you attempt to explain it to them, they accuse you of radicalism. If you attempt to show them, they claim you've been "poisoned". If you try to reason with them, they claim that you're "ignorant" and make all sorts of excuses why they shouldn't be listening or talking to you because you don't agree with their duly identified authoritative sources. It doesn't matter how much bullshit those "authoritative sources" spew forth, or how many times they've been caught out at doing it. They always go back to believing their "authoritative sources" in short enough order.

I have a difficult time understanding how it is they remember to breathe.

Comment

• Originally posted by MatrixTransform View Post
                          Such glorious faith as fills your limpid eyes,
                          --Dorothy Parker

Anybody who goes around quoting Dorothy Parker is okay in my book. Even though she was a pinko communist... ;-)

Wikipedia - Dorothy Parker
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorothy_Parker

My own dear love, he is strong and bold
                          And he cares not what comes after.
                          His words ring sweet as a chime of gold,
                          And his eyes are lit with laughter.
                          He is jubilant as a flag unfurled—
                          Oh, a girl, she’d not forget him.
                          My own dear love, he is all my world,—
                          And I wish I’d never met him.

My love, he’s mad, and my love, he’s fleet,
                          And a wild young wood-thing bore him!
                          The ways are fair to his roaming feet,
                          And the skies are sunlit for him.
                          As sharply sweet to my heart he seems
                          As the fragrance of acacia.
                          My own dear love, he is all my dreams,—
                          And I wish he were in Asia.

My love runs by like a day in June,
                          And he makes no friends of sorrows.
                          He’ll tread his galloping rigadoon
                          In the pathway of the morrows.
                          He’ll live his days where the sunbeams start,
                          Nor could storm or wind uproot him.
                          My own dear love, he is all my heart,—
                          And I wish somebody’d shoot him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr_e View Post
                            We've dealt with this style of threat before. We have national history and understanding of the issues involved.

"Are you now or have you ever been..." McCarthy-ism and the Red menace.

Wikipedia - McCarthyism
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

Wikipedia - Joseph McCarthy
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_McCarthy

Wikipedia - Red Scare
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Scare

Feminists do it to men every time they accuse them of being Misogynists. It's pretty much the same tactic.
                            Not sure what the message is here. Let me know If I miss the mark:

I do not agree Feminists use these tactics(your links), but they do use tactics which are Ideological, disingenuous, false, and without due process and I am observing Antifa doing the same in the streets with some of their attacks on supporters, bystanders and passers bye, as well as political opponents who may not be racists. It seems pretty "McCarthyesque;" (the meme or cultural reference, without due process as some would say), from an outsider's point of view.

I'm not giving the racist groups a pass on this and I want to make that clear. We need to deal with them assertively and denounce them.

Some do breathe. This is only one reference of many readings I have done when I asked the question...what the fuck was up with McCarthy?: http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/h...-mccarthy.html
                            ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
                            virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
                            AVFM Mission Statement
                            sigpic

Comment

Jokes aside, my main point in this debate was the paradox nature of repression,
                              the kind of paradox one sees, after the fact, in "The war to end all wars", or slogans like, and pardon my french, "fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity".

This you waved aside without making an effort to address by saying you had other connotations of the term "paradox" than politics.
                              That more or less killed the debate as far as I am concerned; so there's another way of doing it, should it ever be required again: just avoid arguments.

M
                              Yes I know you are a philosopher, so I can see why this is what catch your interest.

The thing with the 'paradox' that interest you, is that there is not actually answer to it... in the end it becomes a matter of personal taste to chose which of the 2 evils is more likeable.

The way I try to address it in a practical way, was to differentiate speech from anti-freedom speech... arguing that anti-freedom should not be protected.

Of course the definition of anti-freedom that I worked with, was that speech that advocates or intents to take away the speech from others.

So it is still a speech, but of different nature... I have been avoiding to make a comparison with a cancer...

So far what I archive with that argument was to move the focus of the 'paradox' from what you describe to a lot of questions such as : who? how? why?

In other words... if the practitioners of anti-freedom ever get the remote control of the TV, they will call their speech the only speech and everybody's else's will be then anti-speech... Hence we better get a TV that does not operate with any control... or so the argument goes.

And now we are officially in a chess hipster level of debate... or we are going to be just after this line...

It reminds me of that chess set designed by Yoko Ono... she though that a game that represents war was not a nice idea, so she modified it to represent peace instead... and so far nobody likes it...

You see? Her solution was to paint all the pieces on the set, white. And as there is not longer 2 teams, 2 separated groups... then there is no war anymore...

I can tell you that there have being pages of debates about this set and the possible interpretations of it... including the obvious ones about the racial interpretations of a world that is now dominated by white pieces only, and how perverted the proposal for peace is that we archive peace through ending all diversities... To the indications that perhaps we do like a bit of conflict on our lives... a la "Might is Right" book.
                              Last edited by simpleman; 08-26-2017, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• It toke a while reading on that link before I was able to find anything close to an ideology, but here it is:

"Wallace Fard Muhammad taught that the original peoples of the world were black and that white people were a race of "devils" created by a scientist named Yakub..."

I'd would include this group in the list of no public platform for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X