An understanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An understanding

On of the unfortunate realities in the MRM is that we still have a lot of activists, mainly the more green ones, who think that engaging feminists in "rational" discussions about sexual politics is a productive way to spend their time.

They are of course mistaken, but we cannot just ignore their wishes, no matter how idealistic.

This does present an opportunity to kill a few birds with one stone. Generally speaking, the AVfM Forum is MRA territory. We don't need to taint our discussions by allowing feminists to chime in with "What about teh womynz?" in every discussion we have. Feminists have the whole world for a stage. I trust they will not unduly suffer if they are denied the ability to take root in our MRA discussions here.

So we now give you "The Broken Record." It is a special set aside for feminists to come in and pitch their wares, and for MRAs who don't have enough to do that they want to take on the same canards and other bullshit, time after time, to no good end. Kinda like a broken record.

Keep in mind though, that misandry and repeated refusal to engage people with intellectual integrity will still get you banned. As will any attempt to spread conflict from threads here into other areas of this forum.

That goes for MRAs, too. I am supporting those MRAs who want to "debate" feminist ideologues (and who clearly need to till the futility sinks in), but they need to contain it to here and not muddy up the rest of the forum with buckets of NAFALT and pleas to engage bigots in the name of fairness. Some of you have asked that feminists be allowed in to peddle their wares. I have agreed. But in this section and this section only. The rest of this forum is sacred ground for MRAs. Feminists do not need to be included.

RE: An understanding

I approve this message...thanks Paul.

Comment

I understand what you're doing, I agree....but a small part of me wants to get rid of them on sight nowadays...

Comment

Originally posted by Factory
        I understand what you're doing, I agree....but a small part of me wants to get rid of them on sight nowadays...
        It is more than a small part of me as well. The only reason I am doing this AT ALL is to give new MRAs an area where they can wear themselves out going in circles with these people, while at the same containing the feminist trolls to a specific area.

Comment

Great idea, this way the other areas can be kept safe for MRAs to discuss issues without being hounded by annoying feminists.

Comment

I thought of suggesting something similar earlier, then thought nah everyone will have thought that. But there is another reason to do it this way, training up skills. Not everyone has every argument down pat, not everyone has their writing and reasoning skills solid enough to publicly display. I include myself in that bunch. One of the reasons that new or inexperienced MRA's don't speak up on the internet is that we may get publicly pwnd on the internet by a feminist who does have every routine solid. And the internet is in ink, not pencil.

So I propose that the subforum could have a subtitle, MRA/Feminist fight club. First rule of which is that no-one talks about fight club.
            Further to this maybe we should make the forum not be in ink, set that section to not be indexed by robots,google (To try and avoid caching). An agreement on your honour with threat of a public pantsing not to use anything said within battle threads elsewhere. And possibly deletion of threads after a certain time unless requested for retention by general agreement. More experienced MRA's may mentor/heckle from the sidelines or jump in for a bit of sport if no longer jaded.

No biting, eye gouging or doing anything to fun bits.

Yep too much coffee again.
            [color=#0000CD][b][size=small]

Comment

I understand that entirely and agree.
              Ratslicer

Comment

So basically this is a time waster. Try to get the illogical to see the logic? Hmmmm.... Challenge accepted?

Nah, I'd lose that bet.
                Behind every failure is a excuse.

Comment

My presence sparked the creation of a new board? Zowie! I'm... flattered? Glad to help? Bit of both, I suppose.

I hope it works out for you. Sincerely. I know it can be a pain having the same argument with the same kind of person over and over again. But personally, I let them come. not for their sake, but for mine. Through constant repetitions of my arguments, I've refined and condensed them. I've figured out which ones are more likely to be listened to. And in finding new ways to explain my beliefs, I've even had minor epiphanies from looking at them a new way. So I genuinely hope this board can be a whetstone for people to sharpen their arguments on.

Comment

I used to engage feminists in arguments and debate a long while back, when every conversation ended with "You can't understand because you are man!". So I stopped engaging them, even when they wanted a nice verbal spat to make them feel victimized and triumphant at the same time.

Arguing with feminist ideologues is the equivalent of saying 3+5= -41.6. It just does not logically compute.
                    De oppresso liber

Comment

Originally posted by PetraPenmark
                      My presence sparked the creation of a new board? Zowie! I'm... flattered? Glad to help? Bit of both, I suppose.

I hope it works out for you. Sincerely. I know it can be a pain having the same argument with the same kind of person over and over again. But personally, I let them come. not for their sake, but for mine. Through constant repetitions of my arguments, I've refined and condensed them. I've figured out which ones are more likely to be listened to. And in finding new ways to explain my beliefs, I've even had minor epiphanies from looking at them a new way. So I genuinely hope this board can be a whetstone for people to sharpen their arguments on.
                      Don't flatter yourself. You are merely one more in a line extending to the horizon of Feminists that want to school us on what feminism 'really means'. You're a dime a dozen, really. So if anything pertains to you personally, it's that you are the straw that broke the camel's back, and nothing more.

If that level of 'fame' strokes your ego...well, that says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by TPH
                        I used to engage feminists in arguments and debate a long while back,
                        ...but then you took an arrow to the knee?

[hurls self off cliff in penance for being unable to resist such a cheap joke]

Don't flatter yourself. You are merely one more in a line extending to the horizon of Feminists that want to school us on what feminism 'really means'.
                        Um... I don't believe I've said anything even slightly resembling that.

You're a dime a dozen, really. So if anything pertains to you personally, it's that you are the straw that broke the camel's back,
                        Yaaaaaay, I'm special!

Comment

@PetraPenmark I'm beginning to assume that you're a fembot.
                          The MRM Glossary - From Zero to Hero MRA :P

Comment

Originally posted by PetraPenmark

Don't be flattered. This is more like a special needs area for the developmentally challenged. The fact that it was created now was only a matter of the timing. If it were not you, it would be the next feminist that stumbled in pretending to want to learn something that would have led to this areas creation.
                            Through constant repetitions of my arguments, I've refined and condensed them. I've figured out which ones are more likely to be listened to.
                            Ho-lee-fuck. :huh:

You actually think you have made arguments here?

Fuck it. I am done. You can post in this section and this section only for the rest of your short stay. Anything else will get you booted.

Have a good life.

Comment

Originally posted by dhanu
                              I'm beginning to assume that you're a fembot.
                              Like in Austin Powers? But smoke isn't coming out of my jumblies...

Originally posted by admin Paul
                              Don't be flattered. This is more like a special needs area for the developmentally challenged.
                              Tee hee.

Fuck it. I am done. You can post in this section and this section only for the rest of your short stay. Anything else will get you booted.
                              I have no problem adhering to that.

Have a good life.
                              I always do.

Seriously, hate me all you want. It doesn't faze me much. I'd sure as hell rather deal with an admin like you, who is openly contemptuous of what he dislikes instead of pretending to be everyone's friend and a saint. I'd rather the most vicious insult in the world be said to my face instead of my back. And the fact that you're still insulting me says everything about your character. It says you hate me, but you're not banning me simply because you have the power to. You hate me, but you're listening to other users who suggested I stay and suggested there be a separate area for discussion you don't even want to see here. An admin who gives priority attention to their users instead of their personal whims is a rare thing.

You display honor, admin Paul.

So hate me all you want, but I think I rather like you.

Comment

Working...
                              X