An understanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: An understanding

If the ban is on IP address as well as account in database then all s/he should need to do is reboot her router and be assigned a new one. Most internet providers use DHCP unless you pay extra.
    [color=#0000CD][b][size=small]

Comment

G'day Paul,

I'm fine with her having another shot but only with a different name and her telling admin that she is the gal formerly known as Petrapenmark.

Come to think of it, she wouldn't need to mention that she was Petrapenmark as her obnoxious way of interacting is hard to miss.

Another name would be required to make this mod all goey and giggly inside.

Right. I'm off for a read of Truckers highlights Nebraska edition 2011 in my bathtub full of warm milk, floating candles and that new Enya song "Let's get nude in the old growth Forest and rub Moss up our Cracks."

Comment

P.S

In her last comment to me she said this bit:

"You jumped to the worst possible conclusions about me in your first reply, then when I responded, you didn't acknowledge a word I said. Not a rebuttal, not a dismissal. No reply at all until this one.."

The hubris of it. she expects me to respond as though this is what I must do. That's right folks, we must answer her. we must indicate we are giving due attention and standing by with our notebooks thinking about her and discussing her and online too. Oh get rooted Petrapenmark (who is reading this because you are a vain thing)

Absolutely every single feminist on the planet has exactly (exactly) this mindset. It is inseparable from that ideology.

I must reply to you ? My great big gargantuan greasy hairy bum I do.

So, I changed my thinking on this. If another mod brings her back in here then go for it. I will immediately ban her anyway.
        This place is fragile as is any MRA space and I'll be fucked if I am going to let that fart waft in here again.

Comment

I fully support the ban. If you go back and reread the entire thread, while it is clear that the mods from the get go were prejudiced against this individual (justly IMO), it is also very obvious that this individual were consistently misrepresenting them self and their goals. In the end it seems the reason for this can be nothing other than to, at best troll us, or at worst maliciously inciting drama within our forums.

I believe had this individual shown up and said "I'm a hard core feminist, and these are some of the reasons why..." then listed what they listed they would have gotten a much better response even from very anti-feminist mods/members here. The problem wasn't the beliefs it was the disingenuous BS of I'm not a feminist but here is why feminism is right and MRA's are wrong, coupled with thinly veiled attempts to stir up shit.
          \"kthxbye\" is the pinnacle of English\'s advancement, shortening \"All correct, Thank you, God be with you.\" into seven lowercase letters. Humanity is doomed... - kaeru:urbandictionary

Comment

I used to be one of those green idiots. I specifically remembered an argument I had with Factory years ago, when I was brand new to the gendersphere. I was like "But I'm sure they'll understand things if we just present arguments and stats and numbers well enough, you just haven't tried hard enough"... Factory (rightly so) told me I'm a Naive fool...

Years later, I saw that Factory was right all along. There is rational debate possible with feminism for feminists are members of a cult, an ideology. IF THEY WERE CAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING REASON they wouldn't be feminists in the first place. No half-sane person would ever be a avowed-feminist. It requires missing parts of the brain to the point where you think that 2+2 = minus 20... Feminism is a mental disease and you can't argue with someone who's hallucinating.

So yeah, I guess people need to learn that lesson on their own. Let them try to "reason" and argue with feminists for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by alek
              No half-sane person would ever be a avowed-feminist. It requires missing parts of the brain to the point where you think that 2+2 = minus 20...
              G'day Alek,

I used to be an avowed feminist.

I wrote about it on AVfM http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/fugitive-from-the-feminist-chain-gang/

If you have grown up in a heavily indoctrinated house don't you think that your believe before you think ? Is it possible that circumvention of logic and reason can come before those "higher lobe" qualities are developed enough to 'kick in' ?

The statement, "No half-sane person would ever be a avowed-feminist. It requires missing parts of the brain to the point where you think that 2+2 = minus 20... is flawed as it's an all-or-nothing line of reasoning.

Anyone else in the MRM who have been avowed feminists would disagree with your comment. Warren Farrell would certainly disagree.

Check out this bit said about him in 1993:

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-08-09/news/vw-22148_1_feminist-warren-farrell

"In the 1970s, as a political science grad student at New York University, he was leading consciousness-raising groups to help men "stop dominating and start communicating with" women. He served on the New York City NOW board for three terms when, he recalls, "I became good at saying what women wanted to hear."

As a soldier on the new sexual frontier, he received standing ovations and "the equivalent of $100,000 a year" for his speeches. But as he listened to his own words, Farrell says he grew troubled. "When women criticized men, I called it 'insight'. . . . When men criticized women, I called it 'sexism' and 'backlash.' "

"I said to myself, 'Wow, this isn't equality; it's opportunism!'"

Remember, this is a guy that was making 100K a year with feminist speeches and had written 2 best sellers about the reconstruction of males for a 'better' world.

I'd say that made him pretty avowed wouldn't you ?

You thoughts please.

Respectfully.
              Dr. F-ormer avowed feminist.

Comment

At dr. F: I was obviously using hyperbole to make a point, I didn't literally mean that feminists literally miss physical brain parts. Please don't take it personally (nor should any ex-feminists or ex-scientologists). I'm a former member of a cult myself, I was a member of the so called "seduction community" (that includes PUA and other such insane creatures). I myself was once someone who believed in crazy wacky theories that say that 2+2 = minus 20. So there's nothing to take personally here.

My point was simply that arguing and debating an avowed feminist is like arguing with an avowed scientologist, PUA, or any member of any other cult. It's useless and counter-productive to debate them one on one. It's much better to focus on promoting the truth and let people convert themselves if they're ready.

Comment

Many MRA's seem to enjoy spinning their wheels.. But it is good to see that the admins here can see the most obvious pointless waste of time.. Yapping with the declared enemies of the movement.. Now, if the MRM as a whole could gather itself and form the needed army.. Perhaps the other destractive endless loops could be averted too!

Comment

Speaking of "destractive endless loops"; don't you know any other tunes? IF every MRA site consists of nothing more than wankerfests as you put it, why are you here? Your endless distractive blathering on about armchair activism etc.... Tis not helping....

TMOTS

Comment

I thought this forum was created for the purpose of promoting activism. Indeed, I can see how efforts have been made by the admins to try and move things in that direction. I have volunteered my services in the UK to consider the merits of several regional groups suggested in the activism area.

But as you aught to know, most forum MRA's don't actually get out on the streets, or meet up to do the stuff that we need to be done..

A preference for yapping with feminists, or talking about "theory" etc, is in my opinion no substitute for ground level action of the type that is occasionally reported on.. And good old face to face meetings..

But if thats all folks want to do, (yap online) then perhaps that is all there is for now..

Comment

I can see why you did this Paul, and understand how some need to experience it to face the futility. This movement is a new thing for me. But, knowing the futility of arguing with most women is old knowledge. I liken it to watching Richard Dawkins debate with a creationist. The creationist makes no logical claims, offers no empirical evidence, hurls wild accusations, and in the end jumps up and down screaming "I won I won". Quite comical.

I live in Lakeland, Fl., and there is a female lawyer with a couple of billboards up. Her catch phrase is "Have you ever tried to argue with a woman?". I about fell out the car laughing first time I saw it. With only a few exceptions, the experiences I have had are all too typical of arguing with a woman. Once they realize they cannot logically win they turn you into the monster, and the oppressor. This is victim mentality at it's finest.

The way I see it, it's not that I can't win an arguement, hell I don't even care if they play the victim role, I can handle that, too. In the end, it's about what does it do for me, and the answer I get is...nothing. So, why bother.

Comment

Originally posted by alek
                          At dr. F: I was obviously using hyperbole to make a point, I didn't literally mean that feminists literally miss physical brain parts. Please don't take it personally (nor should any ex-feminists or ex-scientologists). I'm a former member of a cult myself, I was a member of the so called "seduction community" (that includes PUA and other such insane creatures). I myself was once someone who believed in crazy wacky theories that say that 2+2 = minus 20. So there's nothing to take personally here.

My point was simply that arguing and debating an avowed feminist is like arguing with an avowed scientologist, PUA, or any member of any other cult. It's useless and counter-productive to debate them one on one. It's much better to focus on promoting the truth and let people convert themselves if they're ready.
                          G'day Alek,

It's ok, I wasn't taking it personally at all.

In fact, my motivation for making a comment was to highlight the fact that if I could "come back" from the fold as I did, then there is hope for all of us.

No offence taken at all I can assure you.

Comment

When it comes to negotiating with Feminists, I

Comment

[quote=Patrick Henry]
                              When it comes to negotiating with Feminists, I
                              De oppresso liber

Comment

Working...
                              X